Resources >>> Recovery Resources
Retreat & Refresh Stroke Camp is providing links to the following resources, but does not endorse any service or product.
Adaptive Equipment and Home Solutions
- Access to Recreation - Adaptive Recreation Equipment for the Physically Challenged. Exercise equipment, adaptive chairs, recreational equipment for sewing, gardening, hobbies, typing, and transportation. (www.accesstr.com/AMAZING/index.asp)
- Adaptive Outdoorsman has adaptive hunting and fishing equipment, as well as rocker knives, wheelchair backpacks, etc... ( http://www.adaptiveoutdoorsman.com )
- ACLS Health Library: Hypertension (High Blood Pressure) Founded in 2010, ACLS Certification Institute is the largest online provider of emergency life support certification training. Thousands of healthcare professionals have successfully earned and maintained their certifications through our programs.
- Bioness has products that use Functional Electrical Stimulation to help people with foot drop and hand paralysis regain mobility and independence to improve quality of life and productivity. (www.bioness.com)
- Consumer Affairs Looking for an unbiased intermediary between companies and consumers. This guide is a simple tool that will help you research adjustable beds when interested in purchasing one. Guides, including the adjustable bed guide, are 100% free for anyone to use and access. The guide includes brands like Reverie and Easy Rest, leading manufacturers of adjustable beds with features for every need. The guide was developed to help people compare different features and brands as well as see reviews from people who have bought the beds to determine what will work best for them. (https://www.consumeraffairs.com/furniture/adjustable-beds/)
- Dr. Leonard's -Healthcare items, socks, shoes, clothing, creams, etc.( www.drleonards.com)
- Dynamic Living -Gizmos, gadgets, tools, medical supplies for the home (www.dynamic-living.com)
- Feel Good Store has products to help you look and feel your best (www.feelgoodstore.com)
- FlintRehab Tools to spark recovery. (www.flintrehab.com)
- Fresh Finds has affordable kitchen & home solutions (www.freshfinds.com)
- Gold Violin-Independent Living -helpful products for those with challenges (www.goldviolin.com)
- Improvements has solutions for around the house, cleaning, storage, and kitchen. (www.improvementscatalog.com)
- Make Life Easier has handy gadgets and tools (www.make-life-easier.com)
- Marc Whitehead & Associates Guide to disability claims
- Patterson Medical Enrichments has adaptive equipment to help with all aspects of daily life (www.pattersonmedical.com)
- QCI Direct has leading home trend products. Many products are unique hard to find cleaners and specialty products, not necessarily adaptive equipment, but may make your life easier. (www.qcidirect.com)
- Solutions has products that make life easier and can be found at (www.solutions.com)
- Stroke Rehab is a site with adaptive equipment and a wealth of information for the survivor and caregiver about rehab, treatment, and recovery (www.stroke-rehab.com), this is an online resource
- StrokeEngine has a wealth of information about all topics stroke related (www.strokengine.ca)
- The Mobility Resource is a place for handicapped vans and equipment. (www.themobilityresource.com)
- The Tailwind is an arm rehabilitation exercise device that has been shown to improve arm function and range of motion in people with partial paralysis. It requires no installation or technical expertise. (www.tailwindtherapy.com)
- The Wright Stuff has mobility and daily living aids (www.thewright-stuff.com)
- Whatever Works has a variety of helpful everyday products (www.whateverworks.com)
Stroke Associations Offering Support & Information
- Bungalow Software - Speech and Language Software designed and tested by speech therapists. Computer based for word retrieval, articulation, reading comprehension, memory, logic and reasoning, aphasia, apraxia, cognitive deficits, dysarthria, and more. Downloadable trial available. (www.bungalowsoftware.com)
- Tactus Therapy Solutions -has a 12 page list of apps (http://tactustherapy.com/adultapplist.pdf)
Newsletters, Magazines, Etc.
This list of resources is compiled by Retreat & Refresh Stroke Camp.
Retreat & Refresh Stroke Camp is a 501(c)(3) non profit organization